Frequently Asked Questions
- All covers must be thoroughly inspected by the receiving party BEFORE signing the delivery receipt. Please inspect the box for any visible damage. If you see damage to the box, please open the package while the driver is still present. Note any damage to the cover on the delivery receipt. IF THE COVER IS DAMAGED, DO NOT SIGN THE DELIVERY RECEIPT.
- IT IS THE SOLE REPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER TO THOROUGHLY INSPECT DELIVERED COVER FOR DAMAGES.DO NOT SIGN THE DELIVERY RECEIPT WITHOUT FIRST INSPECTING THE PRODUCT. NEVER SIGN FOR A DAMAGED SPA COVER.
- If you discover damage after taking delivery, call both the Delivery Company and Blue Ribbon Covers immediately. The sooner you discover the damage, the easier it may to get compensation from the delivery company.
IF THE PURCHASER OF THE COVER (OR THEIR AGENT) SIGNS FOR A DAMAGED COVER, THEY WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FILING A DAMAGE CLAIM WITH THE FREIGHT COMPANY AND THE COST OF A REPLACEMENT SPA COVER. NEVER SIGN FOR A DAMAGED SHIPMENT NO MATTER WHAT THE DELIVERING DRIVER OR COMPANY TELLS YOU. IF THE SHIPMENT IS DAMAGED, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE THE DELIVERY.
- Custom-made covers may be manufactured in whole or half inch dimensions. As an example, if the order states 82-1/4” x 90-3/4” as cover size, we will round up these dimensions to 82-1/2” x 91”. This will not affect the spa cover’s ability to seal and completely insulate your spa. We will also round up based on the spa manufacturer’s specifications we have on file.
- Custom-made covers will never be made smaller than the specified dimensions. However, due to the nature of our hand-made spa cover manufacturing process, we reserve the right to allow the cover to be 1” larger than the rounded-up specified size.
- DON’T sit, stand or walk on your spa cover. Doing so may cause the foam inserts to crack or break.
- DON’T allow children or pets on your spa cover.
- DON’T allow puddles or snow to accumulate on your spa cover. Use a Broom NOT a Shovel to clear off snow from your cover.
- DON’T lay inflatable pool toys on top of your cover. They attract heat and will melt the foam cores.
- DON’T lift your cover by the skirt or the straps, Use the Handles!!
- DON’T use excessive amounts of chemicals in the water, it is recommended that your water be professionally tested at least once a month.
- DO make sure you unfasten all the locks before lifting your cover.
- DO make sure you use the Handles to lift your cover off; Cover lifters are a good idea too.
- DO keep your cover clean from dirt and debris. Never use a silicone or alcohol based cleaner, they tend to dry-out and deteriorate the vinyl making it prone to cracking and discoloration.
- DO flip your foam cores at least once a year to prevent sagging. Just like a mattress.
- DO contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We are always available to help.